Tuesday, August 17, 2010

more free art finds!

seeing as how i'm looking to do 2 kid/baby rooms on a budget, i'm really excited about this website i just came across! i'm looking for both the nursery and k and b's rooms to flow with the rest of our house...which means no baby look and nothing too matchy. i want a fresh, vintage look for both rooms, using pieces that can grow with them (or that i can use in other rooms of our house if they decide they want a new spin on their rooms when they're older with more of an opinion). anyway, that means the bulk of our investment will be on pieces such as pretty fabrics and light fixtures; not accessories. so i'm thinking for me, or any of you who love vintage (for a nursery or not), this is the perfect solution...

http://indiefixx.com/Feed_your_soul/downloads.html

it's a free art project, put together by a girl looking for an antidote to the depressing state of our economy. when asked "why are you doing this?", she says:

"Well, I love art and I know you do too. I also know that when people start to tighten up the purse strings they tend not spend money on things that aren’t necessary for survival, things like books, magazines and art. But, art is important for your soul. It helps rejuvenate, it’s thought-provoking, offers inspiration and can generally brighten an otherwise dreary day among other things. In addition to helping brighten your day and put a little spring in your step, I want to help promote some of my favorite artists."

rest assured you'll be seeing the result of her hard work in the majority of my upstairs rooms!

1 comment:

  1. I think thats a great site. impressed with that girl! I can't wait to see what you do Nicole!

    ReplyDelete