Saturday, December 26, 2009

christmas catch-up

for about a month, i liked to call myself a blogger. i like finding identities for myself and giving myself titles, and since i blogged (pretty) regularly, it seemed fitting. i think i definitely just have a blog now. christmas has been BUSY! our last 2 weeks in (lots of) pictures...

kennedy and blakely had their christmas program and party at school. they did so good standing up there. i had gotten a call from their teacher a few weeks ago telling me that she didn't think blakely was going to participate, so i was supposed to be seated in a place where i could easily get out to get her off the stage if she freaked, but she did great. she wasn't much for smiles, but i think it was because she was looking for gabby (my mom) and brett and i. once she saw us, she gave us her sweet little smile. kennedy did great, but she loves performing...


k and b with their teachers...


...and with gabby.



performing away in a manger.

along with new titles, i LOVE starting new traditions. i hoard ideas. if i do something and like it, i feel like i have to claim it as a tradition so i make sure and do it over and over again. this year, we started the tradition of the pink pig with k and b. they loved it!














this was also the first year we have taken k and b to a real nativity. the church their school is a part of had one the weekend before christmas, along with a real camel, sheep, donkey, etc, for the kids to pet, and hot chocolate and marshmallows to roast. no pictures of them petting the animals because they weren't very interested. kennedy liked to get near them but not touch them, but blakely said the camel stunk and needed a bath so she didn't want near it.


kennedy


blakely


between all of our families, we had 6 family parties. the week started at my dad's...

k and b eating with kole, my nephew.


papa and grammy gave them this huge jumpy thing.


my dad with kole and laney.


my sister-in-law, kary, and niece, laney.


my dad and brother playing guitars...


for k and b to sing.


k helping papa play.

and for all of my dacula friends...you have to tell me if you remember these dresses! i still laugh looking at these pictures. k and b found them and insisted on wearing them the whole night. my mom made this one and i wore it in little miss dacula. i think i was 6. i think i needed to eat because blakely is a pretty skinny 3 year old and it fit her...


now this beauty, i wore to the 8th grade dance. brett was terrified of how short and tight it must have been since it fit our 3 year old, but it's stretchy and i was really short and small at the time (i think 4'8"). (kelly, tell me you remember it! didn't we go in a group and eat at mick's at gwinnett place mall?)...



we spent the night with my mom and coach christmas eve eve and spent christmas eve morning with them...

blakely helping gabby cook breakfast.


kennedy watching.


b opening gifts from gabby and grandcoach.


k.


my brother kevin and laney.

christmas morning was spent at home enjoying our family of 4 and visits from grandparents. brett's brother and his wife and their kids came over that evening and spent the night (another tradition!)...


princess clothes.


trying to convince k that handmade gifts are fun.


b with the shirt i made her.


k's new watch.


trying to decide what to open next.


sleeping beauties.


remember the j crew models' socks?


in the christmas dresses made by gabby.


playing with new toys (looking back at this, it looks like 1 kid looking in a mirror).


concert.


fitting 2 families of 4 on 1 couch for a movie.


snuggling after a fun day together.

we spent the day after christmas with coach's (my stepdad's) family, but i forgot my camera, so i don't have any pictures of it. and the day after that, we spent in jasper with brett's mom and stepdad. among lots of other fun things, k and b got their first bikes, so they were thrilled. riley and ansley got them too, so they were all so excited together...

cousins.


sweet riley.



reading the christmas story with mimi.


getting their bikes.


kennedy.


blakely.

and finally, for those of you who know brett, you know he's the best gift giver ever. he keeps a password protected document and anytime i mention something i like or want throughout the year, he writes it down, so christmas holds lots of fun surprises for me (mostly of things i love but forgot i love). i love it because i never give him a "list". he's just thoughtful and sweet. some of this year's fun...

a new heart rate monitor. mine died a few months ago and i've been lost without it.


a slimline bible so it's fun and easy to hold.


starbucks via (and k trying to get in the picture). this stuff tastes nothing like normal instant coffee.


my favorite running socks.

and also stuff i didn't take pictures of: a sweet scrapbook of our year that i will look at over and over again (k and b's gift to me), a clutch he picked out, a giftcard to one of my favorite restaurants for a date, my philosophy makeup optional kit (my favorite skincare), and new cowboy boots that i love but had to send back to get a different size. and no, i don't always take pictures of gifts i get, so if you're wondering why i did this year, it's because i was practicing with THIS...

...a new camera!! i told brett if i was going to be a "blogger", i needed a new camera. i didn't know i was going to get one i couldn't figure out how to work, but i love it nonetheless, and will hopefully figure it out soon! i'm so excited to have new pretty pictures to post (again, if i can figure out how to work it. the manual is like a textbook, so it will probably take me a while).

that's all for now. hope you had a very merry christmas and are gearing up for 2010 (weird)!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the video!! They are so cute! I do think I remember the pageant dress. Love the dresses your mom made...I saw one at school. Too bad our new cameras are different brands because I can't figure ours out either and I've read the manual a couple times already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is THE BEST!
    we most certainly went to micks at gwinnett place for our DMS 8th grade social (makes me laugh just thinking about it)
    awesome job on the chistmas presents, brett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I loved all the pics.
    1. Pink Pig?
    2. Your millions of family activities sound fun but tired me out. =)
    3. Yea for your presents and camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you! That's my camera, so let me know if you need any help figuring it out :o) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a D90 too!! you will love it! k & b are precious and it looks like yall had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete