Thursday, July 15, 2010

perspective check

i was just reading a blog that i keep up with {fly through our window} and came across this post and video (scroll to the post from july 11 and the video is at the bottom). i don't know this family, but you've got to click on the video of hannah grace's princess party. i could compose myself while the video showed other people or details of the party, but there's no seeing her tired little face and not sobbing like you know her. and to think that she is k and b's age and to know the energy and life of a 4 year old. i just can't imagine how painful it is for these parents to watch their little girl suffer. it's the hardest i've cried in quite awhile, but a much-needed perspective check and reminder to soak up the time we have with the little lives we take for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to watch it. Read the post yesterday and could not bring myself to watch the video...I knew I would bawl...hard! Thought I'll just have to pray for them without watching. I know...selfish, but I just didn't think I could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched the video the other night and just cried and cried. i considered waking up ella pierce just so i could hold and hug her as tight as i possibly could. i'm praying for sweet hannah grace AND her parents.

    ReplyDelete