Tuesday, January 19, 2010

homemade: dishwashing detergent

here it is...

1/2 cup dr bronner's sals suds (you can order this from amazon, and i'm sure they probably have it at whole foods or another natural store, but i get mine at natural foods warehouse...definitely worth a trip if you live in the johns creek area because a big bottle is less than $7)
1/2 cup water
1 t lemon juice
3 drops tea tree oil
1/2 cup white vinegar

mix and use about a tablespoon per load. it has worked well for me, but i'm anal about dishes and wash food off completely before i put them in the dishwasher. let me know if you try it with stuck on food. i'd be interested to know if it still works the same as commercial detergent. also, i keep an olive oil bottle next to my sink and mix this recipe with more water, then use it for any dishes i handwash. i don't know if it will be drying to hands, but i guess i'll see soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to try these!!! =) Keep posting these- I love learning this from you. It saves my lazy self from having to look it up. Thanks for making it easy. =)

    ReplyDelete