Saturday, October 16, 2010

baby update

well, i'm going to have a lot of time on my hands to blog, so i can start with an update as to why!  brett and i spent last night at northside because i was having contractions every 3 minutes, and the doctor determined that i had started pre-term labor.  everything is fine and i got to go home early this afternoon, but my cervix is starting to thin, and i have to take medicine every 6 hours to stop the contractions, and i'm on strict bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy...lovely with 2 kids (actually, lovely in general...it's so depressing!).  the good news is i'm 33 weeks tomorrow, so they really just want me to make it to 36 weeks, which means i'm really only looking at 3 weeks of this.  still, i'm nervous about her coming early because a.) she was measuring a week behind already, so i know she's not developed enough (enough to survive, but there is obviously risk of other complications if she comes soon), b.) i'm not ready for a baby (not that i would be in 2 months either, but i thought i had some more time to mentally prepare!), and c.) we still have a ton to do...she doesn't have a nursery, clothes, bottles, anything, and we haven't finished all of our "before baby" projects.  it's a little weird to go from life being normal and thinking we had almost 2 months left to realizing my hands are tied for the rest of the pregnancy and that we could have a baby any day now....a huge test for my need for control.  i'm probably being a little dramatic right now, but i thought this pregnancy was going to be different...apparently my body didn't get the memo that babies take 40 weeks to make!  i asked the nurse why i can't seem to carry to term and she said that the baby may just not have any room left (i'm 5'4" and 5 feet of that is legs, so it's true that i have no torso space, but i fit 2 in there before)!  we're really not sure what's going on, but please pray that she can hang on a little longer and develop fully!  we so want this time around to be different, with a full term baby and no time in the NICU.  i'll update when i know more.  have a good rest of the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. please don't worry about what needs to be done. even if sweet baby lane waited the full 40 weeks, there would still be things unfinished (ep was a week late, and i didn't have jack completed prior to her arrival). consider this your time to take it easy before you officially have 3 little ones (easy for me to say, i know). we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... i know thats a tough pill to swallow. I feel anxious even READING about it all :-( (that'd be me relating to your controlling side :-)).
    So, i'd LOVE to volunteer a weekend to come help in any way we can... help w/ the nursery, other projects, etc... seriously. i'm a "how can i help in a practical way" kind of girl, so i'd love to!
    Praying that baby lane stays in there for a while and that you stay on bedrest for even 5 or 6 more weeks.
    Message me on FB and let me know how Jeff and I can help!
    Love yall
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole, i will be praying for you! i wish i were closer to be able to help. you are doing a great job of housing this baby in your womb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking and praying for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, I could not imagine being on bed rest with just one four year old, much less 2!! I will keep you in my prayers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fyi...I went into labor w/ Rylee at 31 weeks, January 25, 2001, to be exact. I was on the medication that makes your heart beat fast and bed rest for the next 6 weeks. Dawson was 2, Kaci was 1...it was not pretty. Rylee was due March 27th. On March 6, I went to the Mall of Ga.....she was born March 7th at 10:14pm. I know how tough it is, hang in there, you'll make it...I think you have more patience than me, if I can do it, Lord knows you can do it!!
    Let me know if you need me to come entertain!
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete